The crying and discomfort that comes with colic are stressful for babies and parents. One factor of colic is the air that travels to their tummies during their bottle feedings. This is why many brands are offering bottles designed to reduce the air bubbles. If you are shopping for your baby, you want to make sure you are buying the best anti-colic bottles for your little one. Use the following list to find the best baby bottles for colic.
1. Comotomo Baby Bottle
The 8-ounce Comotomo Baby Bottle is designed to aid babies who are transitioning from nursing to bottle feeding. It is made of hygienic silicone nipples with a soft body to appeal to babies who are still attached to nursing. Air bubbles are prevented with the dual anti-colic vents on the bottle. It features a wide-neck design to make cleaning a breeze, and it can be placed in the dishwasher or boiling water for cleaning.
- It has effective anti-colic vents according to customer reviews.
- The design makes it easy for babies to switch from breast to bottle feeding.
- It has silicone nipple with a wide opening which is comfortable for the baby.
- Some bottles can leak as they are a bit difficult to screw shut.
- The Comotomo bottle doesn’t have handles.
2. Philips Avent Natural Newborn Baby Bottle Starter Set
The Philips Avent Natural Newborn Baby Bottle Starter Set is full of the best baby bottles for colic. It features three 4-ounce and two 9-ounce natural bottles made of BPA-free polypropylene. The soft, wide-shape nipples make it easy for babies to switch between nursing and bottle feeding. Colic is reduced with the anti-colic twin valve design which vents the air into the bottle instead of their little tummies. Clean the bottles by using the bottle brush, placing them in the dishwasher or boiling them for five minutes.
- The Philips Avent Starter set has multiple bottle sizes which allow babies to use the bottles as they grow older and are also great for travel.
- The natural flow and seal of the bottles do not cause babies to spit up or feel gassy, which is helpful in preventing or reducing colic.
- Made from BPA-free materials.
- There have been reports of the milk coming out too fast, which can cause leaks and discomfort during and after a feeding.
- The curved design makes it difficult for babies to hold on to these bottles.
3. Philips Avent Natural Glass Bottle
The 8 ounce Philips Avent Natural Glass Bottle comes in a set of three to ensure parents always have access to the best baby bottles for colic. It is easier to combine bottle feeding and nursing with the naturally shaped silicone nipple on each bottle. The advanced anti-colic system with twin-valve design reduces colic by eliminating the air bubbles. Every bottle is made of BPA-free borosilicate glass, and they are heat and thermal shock resistant to avoid injury. Cleaning is easy with the wide neck opening on each bottle.
- The anti-colic design helps with burping and spitting up during or after a feeding.
- Made from BPA-free premium borosilicate glass which doesn’t leach chemicals and is easy to clean.
- The design makes them easy to hold and use by parents and babies.
- Some parents found it difficult to seal the lid, which causes the milk to leak from the bottle.
- Even the small bottle can be a bit heavy for some infants.
4. Munchkin Latch BPA-Free Baby Bottle
The 8-ounce Munchkin Latch BPA-Free Baby Bottle is designed to create an easy transition between nursing and bottle feeding. It features an anti-colic valve to eliminate the air bubbles that cause discomfort, and the accordion nipple moves with the baby to reduce the symptoms of colic. The nipple also releases the milk as the baby feeds to create a similar experience to breastfeeding. It is easy to clean the bottle with the wide neck design, and it can be placed on the top rack of the dishwasher. The bottle is made of BPA-free polypropylene to keep babies safe and healthy as they feed.
- The accordion nipple and latch design mimic natural breastfeeding, making it easy for babies to switch from nursing to bottle feeding.
- The pump adapter is compatible with many high-quality breast pumps, most of them featured on our list of the best breast pumps of the year! This includes Medela, Lasinog, and Evenflo.
- Comes with lids for easy storage of milk or already mixed formula.
- There have been reports of the nipple collapsing during feedings.
- Leaks occur when the valve is not sealed to the bottom.
- Some parents dislike the design of this bottle.
Note: We also recommend reading our article on the best organic baby formulas of the year!
5. MAM Anti-Colic Bottle
The 5-ounce MAM Anti-Colic Bottle is made of BPS and BPA-free plastic and silicone. It features a vented base that regulates pressure to prevent air from flowing into their tummies during feedings. Babies can easily switch between nursing and bottle feeding with the SkinSoft texture and flat shape of the nipple. It is easy to clean and assemble the bottle with the wide openings and five-piece design. Parents looking for the best baby bottles for colic are sure to fall in love with the useful features and adorable graphics.
- The soft texture and flat shape of the nipples allow babies to latch on when feeding, and this makes it easy for parents to switch between nursing and bottles.
- The vented base regulates the pressure inside the bottle and effectively prevents colic.
- The bottle can be self-sterilized in the microwave in just three minutes.
- There have been reports of the bottle leaking if the lid and bottom are not screwed on tight.
The best baby bottle for colic is the Comotomo one, but Philips Avent also has a reliable one according to online ratings and reviews from verified customers. You are welcome to share your questions, thoughts, and experiences on the best baby bottles for colic.