Using the best prenatal vitamins you can find is an important consideration for mothers to be. It is a commonly known fact that a woman’s nutritional needs differ once they become pregnant. Eating a healthy diet rich in nutrients will always be your best bet for ensuring the health of your body and your baby, but it's challenging to meet all of your daily nutrition requirements with food along. This is why many doctors highly recommend taking a prenatal vitamin each day for expecting mothers throughout their pregnancy, and even while breastfeeding.
In this article we’ll be covering the benefits you can get by using one of the best prenatal vitamins, covering a few of the user reviews to let you know what people who use the top prenatal supplements think, and comparing these products to find the best prenatal vitamins for your needs, preferences, and budget.
What Is A Prenatal Vitamin?
A prenatal vitamin is a supplement that gets taken each day by women who are pregnant, those trying to become pregnant, and breastfeeding mothers. The supplement usually comes in the form of a tablet that can get taken with food each morning and leaves no taste behind. They are simple to take and a great insurance policy for preventing nutritional deficiencies.
What Does A Prenatal Vitamin Do?
The purpose of using the best prenatal vitamins you can find is to avoid a deficiency of vitamins, minerals, and other essential micronutrients. Many women are shocked to find their nutritional needs have changed after becoming pregnant and have a hard time using food to fill the gaps. Sometimes, women can have a lot of trouble keeping certain foods down, while others have intense cravings that make it hard for them to eat the most nutritious food intuitively.
How Do Prenatal Vitamins Work?
The best prenatal vitamins will provide your body with the essential vitamins, minerals, and other micronutrients which are hard to get out of your diet. These deficiencies have to become severe to inhibit the development of the baby, but the mother's health and wellness can quickly get impacted with nutritional deficiencies.
Where Can You Buy Prenatal Vitamins?
One convenient thing about using prenatal vitamins is that you can purchase these supplements at a wide variety of locations. Some people will buy their prenatal vitamins at supplement stores such as GNC, but the costs in money and time when going to these stores can be higher than online retailers such as Amazon. Amazon and other online retailers offer a wide selection of formulations at competitive prices that get shipped to you within a few days.
Price Range Of The Best Prenatal Vitamins
To change the aspect of the number box (color, border or shadow) click on the number and select in the breadcrumbs the content box just before the paragraph.
How We Reviewed
We reviewed the best prenatal vitamins in this article with the following criteria in mind; Pros & Cons of the supplement, the ingredient included in the supplement, the availability of the supplement and the cost associated with the supplement. We’ve done our best to balance these factors and recommend only the top ten best prenatal vitamins available to consumers.
What We Reviewed
- PRENATAL MULTIVITAMIN: Specially formulated women's multivitamin made from nutritious RAW whole foods
- MOM TO BE: Our prenatal vitamin for women is designed for BOTH mom and baby during pregnancy and lactation
- PRENATAL MULTI: These prenatals includes probiotics, ginger, vitamin D and zinc for digestive support
Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Vegetarian Multivitamin has some thoughtful additions such as a probiotic that aids digestion, ginger, vitamin D, and zinc. The supplement has all the folate a pregnant or nursing woman could need, and a wide selection of vitamins including a B vitamin complex, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- PRENATAL VITAMINS: Black spots are very likely to be found on the pills, this occurs from a reaction between the Vitamin...
- ABOUT: Zahler Prenatal DHA is a complete prenatal multivitamin supplement which includes 25 vitamins and nutrients plus...
- BENEFITS: Prenatal with DHA provides premium nutrition for mother and child with optimal ratio
Zahler Prenatal DHA is a complete solution for those looking to cover all their bases when pregnant or breastfeeding. This supplement features over 25 various vitamins and nutrients and 300 mg of DHA, an essential omega-3 fatty acid. Zahler manufactures this product in the United States and comes from a trusted brand in the supplement industry.
- Expertly formulated prenatal vitamins with NO SUGAR ADDED to support preconception, healthy pregnancy & fetal...
- Eases Morning Sickness with Ginger*: Gentle even on an empty stomach and uniquely fermented with beneficial probiotics...
- Complete Prenatal Vitamin: 100% Daily Value of non-constipating Iron for healthy red blood cell production (prenatal...
New Chapter Perfect Prenatal Vitamins is formulated with no added sugars and has plenty of folates to help your baby develop properly. The ingredients of this vitamin are from whole food fermented sources that feature a high ability to get digested, so they are gentle on your stomach. This is the first product to get manufactured with certified all organic ingredients like kale, broccoli, cauliflower and much more.
- Promotes baby's healthy brain and neural tube development with highly absorbable folate plus choline*
- Promotes energy with customized levels of bioavailable B vitamins.*
- Lowers the risk of iron deficiency during pregnancy with high potency iron*
Rainbow Light - Prenatal Petite Mini-Tab Multivitamin is a conveniently sized tablet that's easy to swallow and features an effective blend of nutrients to support your growing baby. At 800 mg of folate, and a special digestive support blend this is a good choice for those with stomach issues when taking multivitamins.
- LET'S BE REAL: Motherhood is hard. Baby & Me 2 is an easy, real food prenatal supporting your pregnancy every step of...
- FOR BABY: Choline to promote brain development, methylated folate to support healthy growth, and a host of real food...
- FOR MOMMA: We're here to help. Endure those long nights with help from energizing B vitamins and iron.
MegaFood - Baby & Me features all natural ingredients that help support strength, balance your mood and prevent nausea during your pregnancy. You can take the formula on an empty stomach due to its gentle ingredients and high digestibility. It takes 4 tablets to get the advertised dosages, but the tablets are relatively small and easy to swallow.
- Clinically Proven Absorption
- Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA is a prenatal multivitamin that provides key vitamins and minerals for nutritional...
- No Color Added. Easy-to-swallow softgel
Nature Made Prenatal + DHA 200 mg Multivitamin Softgels comes from a trusted brand in the supplement industry, and this formula is a complete solution for those wanting to maintain their health during pregnancy or breastfeeding. The addition of DHA prevents you from having to buy another supplement to get all the ingredients you need. With 800 mg of folic acid, many thoughtful additions, and a rock-bottom price tag this is a solid choice for one of the best prenatal vitamins.
- Premium quality Non-GMO vitamins & minerals and a beneficial blend of organic fruits & veggies to help support healthy...
- Targeted levels of nutrients like Folic Acid (utilizing the highly bioavailable form of Folic Acid, L-Methyl folate),...
- Whole-food blend of fruits and veggies, including digestive enzymes sourced from Papaya, Pineapples, and Kiwis, helps to...
The Honest Company Whole-Food Based Prenatal is a great option who are looking for a whole food based prenatal vitamin from a brand that offers a high amount of transparency and has a mission to change the world one product at a time. This prenatal vitamin features all the usual ingredients like folic acid and vitamin D but also includes digestive enzymes to help support a healthy digestive system.
- Chewable prenatal vitamin formulated with premium ingredients to help women obtain the specific nutrient levels ideal...
- Contains 15 essential ingredients including folate (methylfolate) to support normal early fetal development*, iodine for...
- Omega-3 EPA & DHA (essential fatty acids) sustainably sourced from wild-caught small fish. Includes vitamin B12...
SmartyPants Prenatal Complete Daily Gummy Vitamins are great for those who have trouble swallowing tablets, or just never remember to take their vitamins consistently. The best supplement is the one you will take each day, so it may be a good option to reward yourself with a tasty treat every time you need to take your vitamins.
Nordic Naturals - Prenatal DHA would be a great addition to some other formulas on this list that lack the addition of DHA. These omegas-3 fatty acids are vital to proper development, so it's important to take a supplement like this if your existing product doesn’t include them.
Twinlab Pre-Natal Care Multi-Vitamin Capsules comes from a trusted name in the supplement industry. This prenatal vitamin is an affordable solution for those looking for a good value for each serving. The formula lacks DHA and has a low dose of vitamin D, but with the price being so low, you could afford to take other supplements to fill in the gaps.
If you're looking for a supplement that's easy to take with an enjoyable texture and taste, a gummy vitamin is a great option for you. The SmartyPants Prenatal Complete Daily Gummy Vitamins could be a good fit if you don’t mind eating 6 gummies each day and getting 7 grams of sugar with each serving.
If you’re looking for an affordable option that has the highest amount of servings in a bottle, Nature Made Prenatal + DHA 200 mg Multivitamin Softgels would be a good fit. At just $13 for a 60 serving bottle, this represents an affordable option for those looking for the best value.
In conclusion, you can easily incorporate any of the best prenatal vitamins on this list into your healthy lifestyle. These supplements will help you maintain your nutritional fortitude needed to keep your body healthy throughout your pregnancy. Finding the best prenatal vitamins for your body will not only prevent you from experiencing nutritional deficiencies but also help keep you as healthy as possible as you experience this new and exciting adventure of motherhood.