Having a sick child is never fun for any parent, but your anxiety can seriously spike if your little one starts running a fever. Having the best baby thermometer can help you decide between a dose of cold medicine and a trip to the ER. To help give you peace of mind while your child is under the weather, here’s a list of the 10 best baby thermometers.Read More →
What can you do when your newborn suddenly develops a diaper rash that you know is causing more than its fair share of discomfort? If you want to find the best diaper rash cream for newborns, research is vitally important. Look for one that will not only alleviate baby’s discomfort but will also provide healing benefits.Read More →
The best baby cereal should be packed with vitamins, minerals, prebiotics, probiotics, and other nutrients that aid in the healthy development of the baby. To make sure the baby only gets the best nutrition, parents prefer going for organic baby cereal as these lack harmful ingredients and toxins often used to care for crops, get rid of pests, and speed up the growth process. Below, you can find the best organic baby cereal products on the market according to nutritional information and user reviews.Read More →
Gripe water is a liquid supplement that has been used for ages to cure a variety of ailments. Especially useful in babies and young toddlers, it can relieve digestive issues, pain from gas, hiccups, colic, teething pain and more. Gripe water typically contains a variety of herbs and substances that work together, and it’s a favorite among parents.
For the best gripe water for your child, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of the highest-quality, most-effective gripe water on the market. We judged these products based on their ingredients, effectiveness, quality, and customer opinion.
10. Colic Calm Plus Homeopathic Gripe Water
With an impressive list of natural ingredients, Colic Calm has made one of the best gripe water products out there. Chamomile, ginger, peppermint, lemon balm, and aloe work together to relieve upset stomachs and colic.
- Free of gluten, soy/dairy products, sugars, and oils/extracts;
- Uses 12 natural ingredients;
- Can use as often as every 60 minutes, for up to 3 doses in 24 hours.
- Not as powerful in children over 20 lbs;
- Easily stains clothing or fabric;
- Not as affordable as other options.
Bottom line: Though the taste and staining-capabilities aren’t top-notch, this gripe water boasts a variety of hard-working, natural ingredients that stop digestive issues with ease.
If your baby suffers from colics, you can try one of these great baby bottles for colic to offer your little one some relief.
9. Zarbee’s Naturals Gripe Water
This gripe water relieves stomach and gas pains. Customers also love its ability to also cure hiccups and alleviate colic. With nothing bad and everything good, you’ll rest easy an extremely-small, active ingredient list consisting of chamomile, fennel, lemon balm, and ginger.
- Can be used up to 6 times in a 24-hour period;
- Expiration period of 90 days is longer than most;
- Has all-natural ingredients, with no drugs, dyes, or gluten.
- Works best in infants 6 months and younger;
- Bitter taste and flavor;
- Thicker, darker color than other options.
8. Wellements Organic Gripe Water
With simple, organic ingredients like ginger root and fennel seed, Wellements’ gripe water focuses on providing comfort. It can be taken up to 6 times per day, and its mandatory refrigeration helps make it easier for babies to ingest.
- 2 pack-size options for convenience;
- Certified USDA Organic;
- Can be used as in newborns (less than 1-month in age).
- Must be refrigerated after opening;
- Easy-to-break with a glass bottle;
- Discard 30 days after opening.
7. Mommy’s Bliss Original Gripe Water
Mommy’s Bliss is known for their quality products designed for moms and babies. This gripe water is pediatrician-recommended and requires no harsh chemicals or substances. It contains basics like ginger, fennel, and sodium bicarbonate to help get rid of fussiness associated with stomach discomfort.
- Fast-acting and works within minutes;
- Can be mixed in with formula, breastmilk, or water;
- Thin formula, with a sweeter taste than most.
- Not all ingredients are natural/organic;
- Only 2 active ingredients, with none for relaxation/calming;
- Could be harsh on sensitive stomachs.
6. Little Remedies Gripe Water
You can rest easy with this gripe water from Little Remedies. It has everything your baby needs, without any sodium bicarbonate, so it can be safely given to anyone. With organic agave, fennel, and ginger, it’s one of the best gripe water supplements available.
- No sodium bicarbonate;
- Available in 1, 2, and 3-packs;
- Can be safely given to newborns, up to 6 times each day.
- Must be refrigerated after opening;
- Not as effective on younger toddlers as on babies;
- Many customers claim it is more effective on digestive issues than colic.
5. Mylicon Gas Relief Infant Drops
There is only one active ingredient in this unique formula. It may not be what you would normally envision when you think of gripe water, but the simethicone used here helps to gently break down your baby’s bubbles, gas, and indigestion to make them happier throughout the day.
- Multiple size options for treating long-term issues;
- Do not use more than 12 times per day;
- Non-staining, so you don’t have to worry about messes.
- Standard size only contains .5 ounces, where most gripe water products contain 4;
- Contains different ingredient the standard gripe water;
- May not work as instantaneously as other options.
4. Wellements Organic Probiotic Gripe Water
There is a ton of cool ingredients in this gripe water like the ginger and fennel extracts you would expect. In addition to the basics, you’ll find organic agave, lemon juice, chamomile, and the probiotic LactoSpore, which promotes a better immune system while your baby grows.
- USDA-certified organic;
- Included probiotics promote digestive, as well as immunity health for newborns and babies;
- Suitable to mix in with water.
- A more expensive than other products of its kind;
- Must be refrigerated after opening;
- Only has a shelf-life of 30 days.
3. Woodward’s Gripe Water
Dill seed oil is the main, active ingredient in this gripe water. It helps to relax the stomach and break down any air bubbles trapped inside. Originating from the UK, Woodward’s is a trusted brand with a traditional formula.
- Clear, non-staining formula;
- Long-lasting and only needs to be administered a few times per day;
- Sweet taste makes it easier for babies to ingest.
- Very small size of 150mls, which means you may run-out faster;
- Do not mix in with formula or breastmilk;
- Discard date is only 14 days from opening.
2. Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water Night Time
From the trusted Mommy’s Bliss brand comes the best gripe water for nighttime indigestion. It contains what you’d expect like ginger and fennel, but also contains lemon balm, passion flower, and chamomile to help baby get a restful night’s sleep.
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy/soy-free;
- Helps babies’ digestive systems relax and allows them to have a more restful sleep;
- One can use it in conjunction with other Mommy’s Bliss products.
- Administer only at night;
- Only administer 3 times within a 24-hour period;
- Not suitable for babies less than 1-month old.
1. Little Remedies Advanced Colic Relief Drops
There’s no surprise that Little Remedies is one the list more than once. This formula contains a little more than your average gripe water, with ingredients like fennel, lemon balm, and chamomile that are able to reduce colic and crying by up to 60%.
- Strong, fast-acting formula;
- Can eliminate stomach indigestion even in adults;
- Has twice the active ingredients as average gripe water.
- Not suitable for babies under 6 lbs;
- Does contain some non-natural ingredients;
- Can only be given a few times per day.
Searching for the best gripe water for your baby can be difficult. With the supplements you’ve seen here today, you can help your child’s belly relax and stay healthy. Try one of these out for yourself and let us know: which is your favorite?Read More →
When your child has eczema, it can be frustrating for everyone. Eczema can be tiresome, painful, and hard to care for. Below you will find a list of quality eczema products to help you find the best eczema cream for toddlers for your child. We’ve created this list based on the products’ ingredients, certifications, value, and customer opinion.
10. Babyganics Eczema Care Skin Protectant Cream (3 oz.)
Babyganics is a well-known brand that makes one of the most amazing, best eczema cream for toddlers with no scent. This cream contains Babyganics unique NeoNourish natural seed oil blend, colloidal oatmeal, and absolutely no harsh chemicals or fragrances that work together to support the skin barrier’s overall function.
- Gentle and safe enough to be used multiple times each day;
- Recommended/tested by dermatologists and pediatricians;
- Easily found in drug/grocery stores and is affordable on any budget.
- Does not contain strong ingredients intended to moderate-severe eczema;
- No relaxing, calming scent as some others contain;
- Works best when applied after bathing.
9. California Baby Eczema Cream Skin Protectant (4.5 oz.)
This 4.5-oz. product comes with an easy-to-use pump and contains colloidal oatmeal that naturally relieves and soothes skin conditions. The formula is entirely hypoallergenic; containing ingredients like yucca root, aloe, and lavender and clary sage essential oils.
- Organic, steroid-free formula makes it great for toddlers with sensitive skin;
- Light, fragrant smell that relaxes and calms toddlers and their skin;
- Great for kids with any allergies or skin sensitivities.
- Could be more expensive than other brands/products;
- Do not use on children under 6 months;
- May cause temporary pain or stinging on open, cracked skin caused by eczema.
To prevent eczema or the recurrence of eczema, you should also be careful how you choose your baby’s toiletry products. Here are the best baby shampoos for your child’s sensitive skin.
8. BabySpa Calming Eczema Relief Cream (4.4 oz.)
Nearly 98% of what you find in this cream is organic and it can be safely used on babies and toddlers of all ages. This best eczema cream for toddlers contains oatmeal, vitamins, and minerals like Jojoba, shea butter, and calendula. It contains no harsh chemicals, dyes, fragrances, or substances.
- Approved by the National Eczema Association;
- Hypoallergenic and intensively hydrating;
- Heals broken skin caused by itching and scratching.
- Could be more expensive than other products;
- Acts as a protectant and may not absorb into the skin as easily as others;
- No calming, fragrant scent.
7. Puriya Mother of All Creams (4.5 oz.)
When you first set eyes on this cream, it looks like a tub of prescription-grade medicine. And with the strength you find in this cream, it might as well be. It relieves itching, swelling, redness, and dryness, as well as stimulates the regeneration of healthy cell-growth, with ingredients like peppermint, aloe, shea, and chamomile.
- 13-in-1 formula with 99% natural ingredients;
- 2 scent options: Mildly Earthy (ultra-gentle version) and Light Peppermint;
- 6-month money-back guarantee.
- Very strong and should not be used on children under 5 without doctor’s permission;
- Extra-strength formula means extra expense;
- Some may not enjoy the scent.
6. Emu Joy Banish My Rash Cream (2 oz.)
This miracle cream isn’t just good for eczema since it can treat a wide array of dermatitis conditions. The concentrated formula can work on rashes, burns, sensitive spots, cradle cap, and more, with aloe, sunflower oil, shea butter, primrose, and a load of essential oils that calm and soothe irritation.
- All-natural formula: no gluten, chemicals, fragrances/dyes, GMOs, etc.;
- Fast-working (steroid-free) formula;
- Uses Emu oil to enhance the effect of other ingredients in the formula and make them penetrate deeper.
- Smaller size available than others;
- Not-so-pleasant scent;
- May not completely eliminate some rashes.
5. Aveeno Baby Dermexa Moisturizing Cream (5 oz.)
Recommended by doctors for years, Aveeno’s products contain great ingredients at a great value. This eczema cream is specially formulated for little ones and loaded with a colloidal oatmeal blend, which has been shown to improve the overall symptoms of eczema in babies/toddlers within 90 days.
- Available in 3 different sizes for convenience;
- Affordable and easy to find in most stores across the country;
- A triple-oat formula that protects, soothes, restores and maintains the skin barrier.
- Should be used after baths or showers for best results;
- The formula is not as strong as other options out there;
- Not a thick formula.
4. BareBaby Organics Premium Moisturizing Lotion (8 oz.)
Containing organic ingredients like coconut oil, aloe vera, chamomile, jojoba, avocado, rosemary, and shea butter, this lotion is designed for kids of all skin types. It’s vegan and gluten-free as well since the company focuses on creating natural, safe-to-use products that can be used by the whole family.
- 100% natural and organic ingredients;
- Lightweight and completely non-greasy;
- Great value for a generous-sized bottle.
- Acts as a lotion and does not provide a thick, protective coating as others do;
- Not specifically-designed for eczema;
- Some customers claim the scent is unpleasant.
3. Bee Real Advanced Skin Cream (2 oz.)
This cream is ultra-thick, so a little goes a long way. It’s made with manuka honey, which relieves itchy skin and provides comfort from pain and inflammation. The Bee Real cream absorbs easily and quickly, with no gluten, fake fragrances, parabens, and more.
- 3 bottle-size options for convenience;
- Light, “barely there” scent, with no harsh chemicals;
- 30-day, money-back guarantee.
- Not completely/entirely organic or natural;
- Should be used multiple times each day for optimum results;
- Could be too thick for some.
2. YoRo Naturals Organic Manuka Skin Soothing Cream (2 oz.)
You can find this unique blend in 2 size options, with only 6 ingredients that include beeswax, manuka oil, and manuka honey. These 6 ingredients work together to moisturize even the driest skin and provide the skin with anti-bacterial agents that prevent irritated skin from getting worse.
- Only 6 ingredients compared to the many ingredients others could have;
- Multi-use formula can be used for a variety of purposes;
- Customers claim it can even help remove skin spots, some fine lines, and more caused by dry skin.
- Must be used within 3 months of opening;
- A more expensive option than others;
- Goes on slightly greasy.
1. Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Nighttime Balm
Aveeno has been creating skincare products for decades that are designed for sensitive skin types and this product is no exception. The non-greasy formula not only helps minimize the symptoms of eczema but also helps relieve discomfort so your toddler can sleep their best.
- Hypoallergenic and steroid-free;
- Approved by the National Eczema Association;
- Provides moisturizing seal throughout hours of sleep.
- Designed to be used at nighttime and should not be used multiple times per day;
- Not natural or organic;
- Thick, gel-like application.
Since every kid is unique, you’ll need to decide what the best eczema cream for toddlers for your child is. The products you’ve seen here today will provide you with quality options to help you make the right decision for your family. Try one for yourself and let us know: are there any eczema creams we forgot?Read More →