Feeding your baby is one of the most important things you will do each and every day. Ensuring a hassle-free feeding is made possible by choosing the best bottles for babies. Several best baby bottles are available for new parents to choose from. Below is a list of the top ten best bottles for babies of 2018. Each bottle received a 4-star rating or above, making them highly recommended by parents everywhere.
10. Dr. Brown’s Options Wide Neck Glass Bottles
This two pack of Dr. Brown’s bottles are great for reducing spit-up, gas, burping, and colic in babies. In addition, as these bottles reduce bubble oxidation, it also helps preserve the nutrients in the milk. The strongest selling point of this item is its nipple vent which ensures a paced milk flow and can be removed as the baby grows.
- The wide neck makes these bottles easy to clean.
- Contains anti-colic vent system to reduce air bubble oxidation.
- Leaking can occur from the rim of the bottle.
Bottom Line: The Dr. Brown brand is one that parents know and trust – and this bottle falls nothing short of exceeding expectations. The two pack bundle is a great value for the price.
Recommended read: If your baby suffers from colic, we also encourage you to read our article on the best baby bottles for colic – 5 of the best products that were specifically designed to reduce airflow during feeding.
9. GoGlass Glass Baby Bottle 10 oz
Not only is this one of the best glass baby bottles around but it also ranks highly as one of the best bottles for breastfed babies. This 10-ounce bottle is larger than the rest, finished with an adorable dolphin, handles, and a secure screw cap. The new and improved design ensures liquids stay inside and not all over your feeding child.
- New and improved design with a full silicone sleeve to add protection to liquid.
- Handles and screw caps prove to be safe and secure for feeding.
- Some customers experience problems with suction and inverted nipples.
Bottom Line: Overall, this is a very good bottle option. It is much larger and able to hold more liquid than other bottles around. It is rather expensive, but the quality makes it a strong competitor for best baby bottles around.
Recommended read: While you’re here, you might also be interested in our article on the best breast pumps of the year.
8. Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
Best baby bottles by Ventaire are BPA and contain anti-colic vents. Clinical studies confirm that babies using these Ventaire bottles experience less gas discomfort, spit-up, and colic compared to other leading brands. It is made of borosilicate glass and comes with a full silicone sleeve that makes it easy to hold, a sippy spout, a medium flow nipple, two caps, and handles that make it easy to grip.
- Extremely affordable, safe, and reliable.
- Comes in two different sizes with extra nipples.
- Some users find that these bottles leak more than others.
Bottom Line: These bottles are a great value for the price. They do have some flaws but are generally well tolerated by infants and parents.
7. Philips Avent Natural Glass Baby Bottles
Philips provides another competitor for best baby bottles around with their natural glass bottle design. The wide, breast-shaped silicone nipple is easy to naturally latch on, making it one of the best baby bottles for breastfed babies. They’re made of BPA-free glass and also come with an adapter ring that eliminates the risks of leaking.
- This bottle is made of premium quality glass that is both heat and thermal shock resistant.
- It has a wide neck that makes cleaning and filling easy.
- The finicky seals give up after a couple months, resulting in leaking.
Bottom Line: These are a good value for the price. Lids and seals require extra attention and care and they will last a long time.
6. NUK Simply Natural Bottle, 9 Ounce
NUK offers some of the best baby bottles out there, especially when it comes to breastfed little ones. The multi-hole design of the Simply Natural bottle provides a feeding experience similar to the breast. This is one of the best baby bottles for breastfed babies because the nipple is soft and designed to mimic that of a mother’s breast. This bottle provides an easy transition for nursing babies.
- This bottle comes in three flow rates ranging from 3 to 9 holes so you are sure to find the right flow for your growing baby.
- Advanced 1-piece anti-colic air system helps keep the air out of your baby’s tummy in order to reduce gas, colic, and spit-up.
- Even the “slow flow” is fast compared to typical bottles.
Bottom Line: These are by far some of the best bottles for breastfed babies. The multihole flow system is fantastic and proves to be a great tool for weaning or supplementing.
5. Philips Avent Anti-colic Baby Bottles Blue
These are some of the best-rated baby bottles currently available. The 9-ounce cool blue designed bottle is clinically proven to reduce colic and discomfort so your little one can enjoy their drink without worry.
- This bottle has anti-colic valve integrated into the nipple to vent air into the bottle to reduce gas and fussiness.
- This bottle is quick and easy to clean and contains a great range of flow rates for babies 1 month and beyond.
- A bit pricier than some other bottles.
- A bit heavy for babies to properly hold.
Bottom Line: These bottles are the best baby bottles for reducing colic and discomfort. For a set of three, the price is well worth it.
4. Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle
Best baby bottles for a more natural feel come from Comotomo. The 8-ounce option contains a naturally shaped, soft, silicone nipple that provides a great feeding experience for babies that are not well-adjusted ot the bottle. The bottle contains a wide neck design, making it easier to clean and sterilize.
- This bottle is microwave, boiling, and dishwasher safe.
- Contains no harmful chemicals.
- Innovative thanks to the non-leaking anti-colic vent sure to prevent gas and discomfort.
- Very easy to hold and maneuver even for babies.
- A rather expensive option for a baby bottle.
Bottom Line: The best baby bottle if we first consider the comfort of the baby during a feeding.
3. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle
These bright and fun bottles provide a natural feel similar to a mother’s nipple. They are easy to latch on and provide a great transition between breast and bottle. These are the best bottles for babies who are able to hold their own bottles for feeding due to the comfort grip provided.
- These bottles have an easy latch nipple, optimum venting, and measurement marks along the exterior of the bottle for accurate feeding.
- Easy to hold and maneuver even for babies.
- Easy to clean and use.
- Lid and nipple come off separately, which is not ideal for keeping your hands dry while adding new liquids.
- The nipples can sometimes collapse.
Bottom Line: These are an extremely affordable and reliable option for bottles. They are highly comparable to more expensive brands and work well to reduce colic.
2. Philips Avent Anti-colic Baby Bottles
Philips Avent clinically proven colic reducing bottles are on the run for best baby bottles around. The anti-colic valve is integrated into the nipple in order to prevent air from entering baby’s tummy and causing pain and discomfort.
- Repeatedly tested and proven to be some of the highest quality bottles for reducing colic in babies.
- Easy to hold and use thanks to the compact ergonomic shape.
- Small size is not ideal for babies over 3 months.
Bottom Line: These are a great option for older babies. They do offer larger sizes, which would be better for long-term feeding.
1. Lansinoh mOmma Breastmilk Feeding Bottle with NaturalWave Nipple
The Lansinoh bottles with NaturalWave nipples are clinically proven to reduce nipple confusion in breastfed babies. These are a great option for weaning babies or supplementing. The ergonomically designed bottles allow baby to use the same feeding actions while feeding as the ones learned on the breast.
- These bottles are easy to assemble and a great option for breastfed babies.
- Reliable, long-lasting, non-leaking bottles.
- These bottles do not have any anti-colic vents built in.
Bottom Line: These are a great bottle for babies that are used to latching onto the nipple
With all the options available for best baby bottles, you are sure to find one that fits your needs. This list provides a reliable option for breast or bottle-fed babies at very affordable costs. The parents’ favorite is the Lasinoh model, but we really like the flexible Comotomo bottle, too. What’s your pick?