No products found.
When it comes to choosing the best breast pump, there are a few things the new mother should consider. First, is time an important factor? Will you need a pump that fills bottles fairly quickly or would a slower pump suffice? Whether you are looking for a manual pump, a single automatic, or a hands-free option, this list is sure to demonstrate the best breast pumps with the highest ratings available.
10. Nibble Double/Single Electric Breast Pump
Although only on the 10th spot on our list, this is the best electric breast pump for mimicking a baby’s sucking patterns. Mothers have the ability to program the pump in order to ensure an extremely comfortable experience. The pump has an anti-backflow system to keep the area clean during sessions. It has 2 operating modes and 10 suction levels
- Fully automatic breast pump.
- Can be used on both breasts at once.
- This pump needs to be plugged into use, which is a downside for moms who need to pump on the go.
Bottom Line: Although not great for travel or always-on-the-run moms, this is a reliable and powerful breast pump.
9. Medela Freestyle Breast Pump
The Freestyle by Medala is the best breast pump for daily use. It has a double electric breast pump that is rechargeable and lightweight for on-the-go pumping. The digital display provides mothers with a timer and backlight as well as a ‘memory’ setting to pull up past sessions and repeat them. This pump comes with two sizes of breast shields so moms can find the one that fits for a more comfortable session. It also comes with a portable microfiber carry bag.
- Fast and easy to use.
- It can be used plugged in or on battery, making it a great option for pumping at or away from home.
- The suction is not as strong as hospital grade pumps.
Bottom Line: The memory feature is excellent for ensuring consistent flow session. This pump is definitely worth the money and the rechargeable battery is definitely a bonus.
8. Manual Breast Pump with Lid for Breastfeeding
This is the best manual breast pump available made from 100% food grade silicone with a polypropylene lid. It is completely free of chemical leaching, phthalates, PVC, or lead. This pump is extremely lightweight, making it perfect for traveling. It has an ergonomic handle that requires little effort to operate and it’s very easy to clean.
- Made of safe materials.
- Easy to use.
- This pump is easy to clean and can be sterilized in boiling water.
- Some people find the purple lid blocks the view of milk so you cannot tell when it is coming out.
Bottom Line: This is one of the highest rated manual breast pumps available and it is extremely reliable. For moms on-the-go, this is the best breast pump option.
7. Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump
Medela offers the best manual breast pump perfect for a quick pump session without all the set-up. This pump is designed for occasional pumps and contains 2-phase expression technology. It’s lightweight, discreet, and also comes with 5-ounce bottles with lids, a cap, membranes, and a nipple with collar.
- This is the best breast pump for occasional pumping and pumping on-the-go.
- Manual, so it is made for use at any time in any location.
- Easy to use and clean.
- This is not typically reliable for long-term use.
Bottom Line: This is a great option for moms who are going to be away from their baby for a short period. This enables moms to pump when they are unable to feed without having to spend a lot of money.
6. Spectra Baby USA S2 Hospital Grade Double/single Breast Pump
The breast pump by Spectra is a hospital grade double or single breast pump action that has two phase cycling with a let-down button. The suction is completely adjustable. The cycling in let-down and expression modes are adjustable as well so each mother can customize the pump settings that best match how her body responds. This pump also has an auto shutoff function and and a light feature that helps moms see the buttons and the amount of milk in the bottle.
- This pump is extremely quiet and is one of the best hospital grade breast pump available.
- Lightweight and very portable.
- The tubing of this pump is a bit short.
Bottom Line: The ease of use and convenience of this pump make it a great choice for all mothers. It is a great value for the price.
5. Spectra Baby USA S2 Double/Single Breast Pump
The best breast pump offered by Spectra is a perfect option. The pump contains a night light and timer so you can let the machine know how long you plan to pump for. This pump has powerful suction to ensure a good flow without any pain or discomfort. It also has a letdown mode with a fully adjustable program that allows moms to adjust settings to best suit their body.
- This pump is super quiet.
- It has a great design.
- Also comes with a nightlight.
- Some users complain that the “let down” period is too long.
- The tubing is a little short.
Bottom Line: This is the best electric breast pump that provides a powerful, pain-free suction. The pump is extremely reliable and easy to clean.
4. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with On the Go Tote
This pump is safe for daily use and is designed for moms who pump several times a day. This is one of the best double electric breast pumps available. A stylish carrying case with a bottle holder ensures no spills or leakage occur during transportation. The built-in bottle holders are great for preventing spills and it also comes with a cooler bag that can fit 4 bottles and an ice pack.
- Comes with a backup battery pack so moms can pump on the go.
- Includes a cooler bag.
- Easy to use.
- Requires proper handling.
- Tubes can break with constant use, but they can be replaced.
Bottom Line: This is one of the best breast pumps for busy moms. The additional storage and cooled transport pack are quite handy.
3. Haoqin Micro Cube Breastfeeding Pump
This compact breast pump is a great option for on-the-go moms. It can be easily packed up and transported. The suction cup is extremely soft and warm, which encourages the flow of breast milk. The ultra-light design is soft and non-breakable and made from 100% food grade silicone.
- This is an extremely affordable option for an electric pump.
- It is proven to be reliable for long-term use.
- Only pumps one breast at a time.
- Only works when plugged in.
Bottom Line: This is a great value, especially for the price. Although it only pumps one breast at a time, it is extremely convenient and reliable.
2. Spectra Baby USA Double/Single Breast Pump with Rechargeable Battery
This is one of the best hospital grade breast pumps available. The pump works extremely quiet and is equipped with a night light and timer. The pump is equipped with a rechargeable battery enabling moms to continue pumping even when electricity is not available.
- Mothers can program the pump to encourage milk flow according to how their body works.
- Tubes can fall off during pump sessions, which can be an annoyance.
Bottom Line: This pump is a great option for moms who plan to have multiple children and are looking for a breast pump that will last over the years. Some minor maintenance is required with tubes and cleaning, but overall it is the best breast pump available of its kind.
1. Babebay Breast Pump and Breast Massager
The Babebay breast pump has 9 suction levels, all adjusted to mimic the natural patterns of a suckling baby. It has a LCD display and is a closed system breast pump which prevents contamination of already pumped milk. In addition, the soft cushion of this breast pump also acts as a massager to stimulate milk flow. It can be powered by batteries, an AC adaptor, or a USB connector.
- Effective and comfortable to use.
- High quality materials and construction.
- Although not loud, it’s not as quiet as others on this list.
Bottom Line: This is the best breast pump available for new or experienced moms thanks to its efficiency and comfort.
Note: While you’re here, you might also be interested in our article on the best baby bottles.
Selecting the best breast pump can seem like an overwhelming experience. The different styles and options can have your head spinning, not to mention how difficult it is to find one that’s comfortable. Thankfully this list of the best breast pumps is available to provide insight into the top ten rated breast pumps available.
Check out our suggestions and let us know what you think!
No products found.