If you’re like many people from around the world, you don’t have perfect skin. You may have issues with acne, scarring, or stretch marks; but you’re not alone. We’re coming to the rescue with a list of the 10 best stretch mark creams in 2018.
Our list contains creams and oils that can help prevent and diminish scarring and stretch marks. We’ve rated them based on their customer ratings, ingredients, and effectiveness according to verified customers.
10. Diva Fit & Sexy Stretch Marks and Scars Cream
This 2 oz. little jar goes a long way. Diva Fit & Sexy uses ingredients like palm oil, aloe, shea butter, and MSM. Their special Miracle Mineral Solution helps tighten loose skin and improve flexibility. Tamanu Oil, known to help treat damaged skin, also makes an appearance.
- This company only uses all-natural ingredients.
- The ingredient Arnica Montana extract helps stimulate blood flow, solving the stretch mark problem from the inside. It can even improve the appearance of bumpy or discolored skin!
- Customers rave about the thickness and texture of the cream, claiming a little goes a long way without it being oily.
- It only comes in a 2 oz. jar.
- Some customers claim that it takes significant time to see any difference.
- Does not necessarily work well in preventing stretch marks.
Bottom line: Those who already have stretch marks or discolored skin. It is not used best to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
9. Era Organics Stretch Mark & Scar Treatment
Instead of being one of the best stretch mark creams, this treatment makes its way onto the list as one of the best stretch mark oils. It uses all-natural ingredients like vitamins, omega acids, and other ingredients to moisturize, nourish, and repair skin. The moisturizing body oil works as a natural scar treatment, improving elasticity and reducing scar appearance.
In case you also want to treat cracked or sore nipples, we recommend reading about the best nipple creams of the year.
- The body oil only comes in a 4 oz. bottle, but the oil lasts a long time.
- Customers love how it soothes the skin and improves the feel of it.
- Customers also love how fast it worked when reducing the appearance of their stretch marks.
- Some customers do not enjoy the texture of the oil and claim it is too oily.
- It does not seem to work the best on deep, darker scars.
- It does not have the convenience factor of a lotion and tends to be a little messy.
Bottom line: This scar treatment is great for pregnant women looking to help their skin ward off scarring during the pregnancy. It is also good for women looking to minimize the appearance of fine stretch marks and scarring.
8. Motherlove Pregnant Belly Salve
It may only come in a 4 oz. jar, but customers absolutely love this cream. It uses all-natural ingredients like shea butter, lavender, and chamomile to not only prevent stretch marks, but also relieve pregnancy-related itching. The ingredients improve elasticity turning pregnancy, allowing your skin more flexibility.
- Customers love how much this salve helps with the itchiness of their skin.
- Those who use Motherlove claim that it minimizes the amount of stretch marks found during pregnancy.
- The smell of the salve is wonderful and is a huge step above the rest.
- This salve does not necessarily reduce the amount of stretch marks on the skin, but rather prevents them.
- It is not proven to be hypoallergenic.
- Customers have stated that the salve tends to be a little oily and takes a while to absorb into the skin.
Bottom line: Motherlove makes one of the best stretch mark creams for pregnant women. While some women may enjoy the moisture it provides, the salve is meant to help the skin as it is stretching.
7. Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter
This little jar can protect almost any part of your body against pregnancy stretch marks. It’s safe for anyone to use and has won awards for its organic oils and omega-acid-packed formula. It provides relief, improves elasticity, and is free from any harsh chemicals.
- This tummy butter helps relieve itching associated with growing bellies.
- Customers love the light scent and creamy consistency.
- It is safe for use by anybody.
- Customers claim that it does a better job preventing stretch marks than it does eliminating them.
- In comparison, the Mama Mio tummy butter is on the more expensive side.
- Customers have also stated that the butter does not spread well and takes a lot at one time.
Bottom line: This tummy butter is best used by pregnant women who wish to keep their skin supple and flexible while their bellies grow. It does a great job preventing stretch marks but may not have the same effect on existing stretch marks.
6. Basq Advanced Stretch Mark Butter
This is one the best stretch mark creams featured in magazines like Fit Pregnancy and Parents Expecting. Basq uses peptides and extracts to boost collagen and create stronger skin. Ingredients in this cream include shea/jojoba butter, omega-rich oil, and vitamins.
- Completely hypoallergenic.
- Award-winning and clinically proven.
- Has been used for years by celebrities and beauty gurus.
- Customers have complained that the smell is not very pleasant.
- The cream is not as thick as it states.
- It helps the appearance of stretch marks, but not uneven or discolored skin.
Bottom line: Men and women of any age can use this cream to improve the appearance of the skin, especially since it is allergy-tested.
5. Botanic Tree Triple Action Stretch Mark/Scars Prevention
This 4 oz. tube is packed with a proven formula to prevent and reduce stretch marks and scars. They use 100% natural extracts, including cocoa/shea butter, vitamins, and olive oil. It even contains Centella Asiatica, proven in studies to help prevent stretch marks. Botanic Tree has a serious cult following and it’s easy to see why they’re rated at the top of the best stretch mark creams list.
- The company boasts that 93% of customers notice a decrease in scarring within 2 months.
- It’s safe to use, even by pregnant women, because it contains natural ingredients.
- Customers usually become long-term users of the product because of the way it makes their skin look.
- It doesn’t have much of a smell, which may turn off customers who love good scents.
- The bottle is only 4 oz., so if you have a lot of scarring you may go through the bottle quickly.
- It is not allergy-tested.
Bottom line: While anyone who has scarring can benefit from Botanic Tree’s product, it is geared more towards pregnant women and/or women with stretch marks. It can be used to prevent scarring during pregnancy and to reduce the appearance of stretch marks after pregnancy.
4. Mother’s Special Blend Skin Toning Oil
Another skin oil making an appearance on the list, this toner has a serious fan following. It uses all-natural ingredients and uses no chemicals or perfumes. It’s the perfect choice for daily application or for massage. Mother’s Special Blend uses ingredients like coconut oil, vitamin E, and almond oil to help prevent, treat, and reduce stretch marks.
- The oil comes in a pretty large, 8 oz. bottle.
- It can be used before, during, and after pregnancy.
- It uses all-natural ingredients and has a pleasant scent.
- The toning oil could stain fabrics.
- Some customers claim that the oil is too greasy.
- While some customers love the almond/coconut scent, others find it too harsh.
Bottom line: This product is geared toward the pregnant crowd, but many women use it after their pregnancies to help reduce the appearance of pregnancy-related stretch marks.
3. Deux Derme Stretch Mark Prevention Cream
This maximum strength cream is one of the best stretch mark creams on the market. It is used by both men and women to reduce the appearance of current stretch marks and help protect against future ones. Deux Derme uses all-natural, cruelty-free ingredients and is packed with vitamins, oil extracts, and shea butter.
- This cream is effective for men and women.
- It uses a scientifically proven formula to help prevent stretch marks.
- Customers love this high-quality product and rave about its texture, smell, and moisture.
- For the bottle size, it can be a little pricey.
- Some customers think that the smell of the cream is too strong.
- The cream requires application twice a day, meaning that the bottle does not last too long.
Bottom line: Both men and women can enjoy the benefits of this cream. It is meant to be used by pregnant women, body builders, and gym-goers; anyone who needs help preventing stretch marks as their skin grows.
2. GreatFull Skin Vitamin E Oil
It’s been long known that vitamin E is extremely effective when it comes to the health of skin. This may not be a cream or lotion, but it’s easy to see why it has made it onto the list of best stretch mark creams. GreatFull Skin uses natural vitamin E and coconut oil to create this 1 oz. bottle that helps prevent skin stretching and repair scars.
- It may be oil, but it isn’t greasy and spreads very easily.
- It uses only 2 all-natural ingredients, making it safe for anyone.
- Customers state that it helps significantly soften skin and scars.
- The oil may take a few minutes to absorb into the skin.
- Customers claim that the oil is more on the expensive side, for the size of the bottle.
- Some skin-sensitive customers have noticed break-outs.
Bottom line: Anyone with any scarring can use this oil. Stretch marks and any other scarring can be helped by the ingredients, and they are especially beneficial to those looking to fight aging.
1. COS Naturals Stretch Marks and Scars Cream: Treat and Prevent
COS Naturals’ stretch mark cream uses ingredients like Vitamin C, E, and B, and science to create a formula that helps fade the appearance of stretch marks, improve skin elasticity, and help prevent against future stretch marks. Only natural ingredients are used in this cream, so it’s safe to use every day, on every part of the body.
- Uses all-natural ingredients so anybody with any type of skin can use it.
- Customers rave about the difference it makes in the appearance of stretch marks.
- When used during pregnancy, it can prevent stretch marks.
- Reviewers claim that the bottle size is too small and it can be used up very quickly if you have stretch marks in multiple locations.
- Some customers state that it made their skin soft but did not make their stretch marks disappear.
- For the size of the bottle, it can be pricey.
Bottom line: Adults who would like to diminish the appearance of stretch marks and pregnant women looking to prevent the onset of stretch marks.
Our list of the 10 best stretch mark creams of 2018 has given you all the information you need to purchase the greatest cream for you. Our personal favorite is the COS Naturals stretch mark cream, but the Deux Derme treatment and the Vitamin E oil also deserve some praise thanks to their effectiveness. Do you have another favorite that was not mentioned on this list, or simply want to tell us about your experiences? Let us know in the comment section!