Due to babies’ tender skin and developing lungs, it is important to choose the brand that will work best in your situation. A study by the Center for Disease Control found that maintaining a good humidity level between 43% and 60% assists in preventing germ movement, including the flu virus. This is a list of humidifiers that are long-lasting and efficient according to online reviews from verified customers. All come from reliable brands, have been tested by their manufacturers and thousands of customers, and are sorted in ascending order according to their rating to the best humidifier for baby.
10. Bengoo Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier for babies offers mist and humidity controls to adjust amount and level of disbursement. It has a 1.3L capacity which provides more than 7 hours of use with a built-in timer and a nozzle that rotates 360 degrees.
- This company offers a lifetime guarantee on their product.
- The unit has Microporous Cartridge Filters which assure a clean mist.
- This humidifier can also work as an aromatherapy diffuser, purifier, ionizer, and mood light.
- Customers complained about loud noise from this unit.
- Some report it is difficult to clean.
- Its use is limited to a small area.
Recommend to: The plus about this humidifier is that there is a lifetime guarantee making it easy to return or exchange if there is a problem. The majority of reviews found it a very satisfactory unit for their needs.
9. Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier HCM-350
This is a larger unit of best humidifiers for baby has a 3-speed setting which allows an adjustment of both sound level and moisture output. Its soothing moisture is assisted by a filter that removes water impurities. It has the advantage of running up to 24 hours on a low setting before needing a refill.
- This larger unit allows a longer time before needing to be refilled.
- Its settings make it easy to control the amount of moisture released and noise.
- It filters the air and water and provides clean moisture to the air.
- The 3-year warranty does not cover filters.
- More expensive than other units.
- The fan and fan housing are difficult to clean.
Recommend to: This is the best humidifier for baby for those looking for a reliable and long-lasting humidifier. With a 3 year warranty, there is plenty of time to exchange or receive a refund if there is a problem with the unit, which doesn’t happen too often according to customer reviews.
8. PureGuardian Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This particular brand of humidifier is portable and can be purchased for the baby room, nursery or travel. It is portable, which makes it easy to move around and fits well on a dresser or nightstand. It is designed to operate for 10 hours without having to refill. A special Silver Clean™ Protection guards against mold or mildew forming on the water tank.
- This humidifier is easy to fill and clean.
- It comes with anti-mold and anti-mildew function.
- It doubles as a nightlight.
- On occasion, the plastic screw top stripped and peeled off.
- One customer complained about the lengthy operation.
- Some customers stated it did not stand up while in use.
Recommend to: This is considered one of the best humidifier for baby if you want to create a quiet ambiance with no bright lights for your child.
7. Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier
Produced by the Vicks Company, this baby humidifier can run up to 24 hours per filling and has a 1-gallon capacity. Its unique evaporative system is self-regulating and does not have to be manually adjusted to adjust the amount of moisture being released. Pretty stars are reflected on the ceiling and are customizable with 2 speed settings.
- This humidifier has a 3-year warranty.
- Moisture from the humidifier can last up to 10 hours.
- Doubles as a beautiful night light as stars are reflected on the ceiling.
- Some customers mentioned the unit can sometimes leak.
- Some found plastic parts (such as tabs) broke.
- The filters are expensive and can mold if not changed often.
Recommended to: Parents who primarily want a night light that also doubles as a humidifier from time to time.
6. PureGuardian Ultrasonic Mist Humidifier
This humidifier is available in a variety of sizes. These include baby room, portable, small, travel and desk. It has a Silver Clean Protection on the water tank to protect from mold or mildew and has low and high mist settings. There are no filters, wicks, or evaporating pads in this unit.
- The unit only has two parts, easy to fill.
- “On” light turns red when the unit is out of water.
- Misting lasts 6-7 hours on high, about 10 hours on low.
- Unit not designed to disassemble which makes cleaning difficult.
- The humidifier was too small for some customers.
- Manuel not included in one customer’s order.
Recommended to: Parents who want a compact, yet large-capacity baby humidifier that does not include having to worry about filters, evaporating pads, or wicks. Its high-low settings make it easy to adjust and can also be used at night. Therefore, it’s the best cool mist humidifier without filter.
5. Crane Adorable Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier – Frog
This delightful humidifier for babies comes in the shape of a frog. With whisper quiet operation, removable water tank, low power, average 11 hours of use per tank filling, automatic off when water tank is empty, tank holds 1 gallon of water and there is a 2.2-gallons of moisture released each day.
- This humidifier has a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty Bonus.
- The noise level is whisper-quiet making it excellent for babies.
- Free shipping is provided.
- Some customers complained of leaking water.
- Cleaning the unit may be difficult.
- Some units simply quit working, according to customer reviews.
Recommend to: This is the best humidifier for baby if you are looking for a cute and funny humidifier for babies that does not require filters.
4. JZK International Baby Humidifier
This mini personal portable is an excellent choice for all ages. It has the advantage of a USB Cable and Adapter plug-in, which allows recharging options. A portable unit, it is whisper quiet and is ideal for babies who need a quiet, comfortable atmosphere. It comes equipped with a blue night light, USB cord, automatic shut-off, filter, and adapter.
- This company offers a lifetime guarantee on their humidifier.
- The seller has excellent customer service.
- This product works great and very few break down, according to online reviews.
- Some customers complained about the noise.
- It’s a small capacity humidifier.
- Some customers complained there are not enough directions with the product.
Recommend to: This is the best humidifier for baby if you want a highly portable and compact device that also doubles as a night light.
3. MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
With a whisper-quiet operation, a 5-liter tank is provided with this particular humidifier and the night light can be shut-off if desired. It offers 16 hours of operation and it is possible to put it on a high or low speed as well as directing the mist to whichever direction is most effective. The machine will automatically shut off when the water is used up.
- It is small and easy to move around.
- There is free shipping on this product.
- Offers up to 16 hours of continuous operation.
- Customers mention it can sometimes leak water.
- It’s a bit more difficult to clean than others.
- Setting the device in certain angles makes lighting uncomfortable.
Recommended to: It’s the best humidifier for baby if you are looking for a small unit with extended operation time.
If you are looking for more appliances for the baby’s room, we also recommend reading our article on the best white noise machines of the year.
2. Greevoo Ultrasonic Humidifier & Air Purifier with Cool Mist
The second best humidifier for baby on our list features a 2.51 tank capacity which eliminates the need to constantly refill the unit. It provides an ultra-fine and smooth mist that is excellent when fighting congestion, colds, dry skin or other problems. By giving off a soft blue night light, this humidifier works especially well with children who do not like the dark.
- This product has an 18-month warranty and 45-day money back guarantee.
- Its larger tank allows for longer use than most of the other humidifiers.
- Comes with 2 ceramic filters for thorough purification.
- The blue light cannot be turned off and some say it’s too bright.
- Some customers thought the humidifier was too noisy.
- Any added perfumes or scents will corrode the tank.
Recommended to: This is the best humidifier for babies who do not like sleeping in the dark.
1. Purasense Ultrasonic Mist Humidifier
This humidifier offers mist and humidity controls to adjust amount and level of disbursement. It has a 1.3L capacity which provides more than 7 hours of use with a built-in timer and a nozzle that rotates 360 degrees.
- This company offers a lifetime guarantee on their product.
- The unit has microporous cartridge filters which assure a clean mist.
- Almost completely noiseless while working even on higher settings.
- Some customers report it is difficult to clean.
- Use is limited to a small area.
Recommend to: This is the best humidifier for baby if you want a low and steady humidity output; customers mention it can last for about 12 hours at half capacity.
The best humidifier for babies that will provide a soothing environment is, according to online ratings and reviews from verified customers, the Greevoo model; nevertheless, the model from ZK International is the perfect choice for those looking for a low-capacity and compact humidifier. And if design is what you’re after, the Crane USA frog model will be the perfect addition to the baby’s room. What’s your favorite?