Whether you’re a first-time mom or a seasoned expert, it’s important to have the best diaper bag possible. Diaper bag options range from simple totes to some of the best diaper bags for two kids. The best-rated diaper bags provide tons of space and organization, and with prices ranging anywhere from $20-$200, you’re sure to find the best diaper bag for your family’s needs. To help you out a little bit more, here is an overview of the 10 best diaper bags including their features, uses, and pros and cons.
10. NGIL Quilted Diaper Bag
This is a true tote-style diaper bag for the minimalist mommy. With only 3 pockets and a changing pad, less is more. The lack of interior pockets means there is a TON of space for you to organize however you want, or not at all.
- A lot of free open space with a nice smaller companion bag as a bonus
- High-quality materials that are easy to clean and do not easily wear out
- Comes with a changing pad and a storage pouch
- Little to no built-in organization
- The stitches can come apart after a few months
Bottom Line: If you want something that is less about compartments and more grab and go, this is the bbest diaper bag for you.
9. Classic Bellotte Satchel Tote Diaper Bag with Matching Baby Changing Pad
This diaper bag really looks like an oversized black purse, but don’t let that fool you. With goodies like insulated bottle pockets and an included changing pad and wet-dry bag, this diaper bag is as much about function as it is about form. All-in-all there are 6 pockets inside and 6 pockets outside this amazing bag, but you’d never know that from looking at it.
- Stylish, functional, and surprisingly affordable
- Very spacious and extremely well organized
- This bag cannot be converted into a messenger bag
- The included shoulder straps cannot be adjusted for length
Bottom Line: A fashionable bag that will blow you away with its functionality. One of the best diaper bags for a fashionista!
8. Petunia Pickle Bottom Altogether Tote Diaper Bag
With a variety of cute patterns and an included interior organizing pouch, this tote-style diaper bag really will keep your stuff “all together”. Even without the insert, it has quite a bit of organization for a tote and comes with an included adjustable shoulder strap. Because of its large main pocket, this bag even has enough room to carry a standard Medela breast pump.
- A ton of space and a surprising amount of organization options for a tote style bag
- Very lightweight
- Made of durable and easy to clean materials
- Discreet and modern design
- This bag does not have insulated bottle pockets
Bottom Line: An amazing tote style bag that does a good job balancing space and organization.
7. Black & White Diaper Bag & Baby Changing Pad with Tan Trim by Hip Cub
This bag is amazingly cute and serves as both a tote and messenger style bag. It has convenient exterior pockets and a matching changing pad and stroller straps. It’s not a typical bulky diaper bag and, though it is spacious, would probably be best for families with only one baby. The company also offers a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, so that’s a big plus for making sure you love your bag before you commit to it.
- Really cute design – it barely even looks like a diaper bag
- Very spacious
- Maybe a little small for families with two babies
- Only has three small pockets
- The black interior lining makes it hard to find things in it
Bottom Line: It’s one of the best diaper bags for you if you feel like rocking stilettos instead of mom jeans.
6. Lassig Green Label Neckline Style Shoulder Diaper Bag
This is a bag with a unique design that allows for some ingeniously inventive and convenient pockets. In addition to insulated bottle pockets, there is also a built-in waterproof pocket and specially designed baby food pocket. It can be converted to a messenger style bag and is a style both mom and dad will love. In addition, this model also features matching Bottle holders, a baby changing mat, and stroller hooks.
- Functional and cute
- Has plenty of storage pockets and compartments
- Made of high-quality and long-lasting materials
- On the pricier side
- While it is deep and bulky, it’s not very wide
Bottom Line: One of the best diaper bags for both moms and dads with a lot of nifty extra features.
5. Ju-Ju-be B.F.F. Convertible Diaper Bag
Machine washable stain resistant Teflon, metal hardware, and 11 pockets: this bag will get all your mommy-jobs done. It’s fully convertible from a messenger style bag to one of the best backpack diaper bags on the market. Some of the cool features of this bag are crumb drains, an anti-bacterial lining, specific “mommy pocket”, soft cell phone pocket, and a ton of space.
- Amazing features like the crumb drains and cell phone pocket
- It fully converts from a messenger bag into one of the best backpack diaper bags for two kids
- A big, bulky bag; nice if you’re looking for the best diaper bag for two, but maybe a little excessive for just one baby
Bottom Line: This bag is one of the best diaper bags for families with twins! There are so many unique features and with the biggest complaint being too much space, you can’t go wrong.
Recommended read: Since you are researching this topic, you might also be interested in the best diaper pails available for online purchase, the best overnight diapers for your little one, or the best diaper rash creams for newborns.
4. Skip Hop Duo Signature Diaper Bag with Portable Changing Mat
Included stroller clips, convenient exterior pockets, BPA and Phthalate-free easy clean fabric, and an “easy access tech pocket”. This bag is fully loaded with pockets, and the easy access slip pockets in the front make it one of the best-rated diaper bags you can buy. With its functional look and neutral pattern options, it’s also one of the best unisex diaper bags on the market.
- Unisex design
- Lots of inside and outside pockets
- The changing pad is a bit smaller than expected
- The side bottle pockets are not insulated
Bottom Line: This is a good diaper bag that can be used by moms and dads alike.
3. Sleeping Lamb Water Resistant Baby Diaper Bag with Insulated Bottle Pouch
The diaper bag weighs in as not only one of the best backpack diaper bags, but also as one of the best travel diaper bags. With specialty bottle pockets, a spacious laptop pocket, a secret pocket on the bottom of the bag, and two D-rings to attach the bag to your luggage or stroller, this diaper bag is a traveling momma’s dream.
- Perfect for traveling with the baby while still allowing you to bring your laptop along
- Plenty of storage space inside and outside
- Well insulated pouches
- Does not convert to a messenger or tote bag
- Bulkier than others even when not full
Bottom Line: Whether you’re flying internationally or just taking a weekend trip to grandma’s house, this is the best travel diaper bag/backpack you will find!
2. Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack with Stroller Straps, Changing Pad, and Sundry Bag
If going to the park with your baby were a black ops mission, this would be your diaper bag of choice. The best-rated diaper bag on this list, this is the ultimate dad diaper bag. Water resistant polyester, non-fray stitching, super strong zippers, and an amazing 14 pockets in addition to the included sundry companion bag makes this the hardcore, heavy-duty, diaper bag of the future.
- Amazingly equipped diaper bag with specialized pockets for just about everything you can imagine
- Very spacious – can hold what would normally fit in a purse plus the baby stuff
- Function over form – this is not a super cute or feminine bag
Bottom Line: If you want to be prepared for every situation, including a missile strike, this is the bag for you. Definitely one of the best diaper bags, if not THE best diaper bag for dads, this is a heavy duty, dad-diaper-bag dream.
1. Mini n Mod Large Weekender Diaper Bag with Changing Pad and Stroller Straps
This is a really cute tote style bag that looks much more like a purse than a diaper bag and its smart design means that when it’s done being a diaper bag you can keep using it as a purse or a tote bag for weekend trips. With a neutral exterior and a pop of color in the lining, this structured tote bag is an excellent choice.
- Stylish enough to just be used as a purse in and of itself
- Solid structure with reinforced lining
- Plenty of storage space – 7 pockets
- Doesn’t come with a changing pad
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a cute bag to grab and go, this is the best diaper bag for you!
It can be overwhelming to sort through all of the available diaper bags, but you’ll hopefully take comfort in knowing the best diaper bag for you, and your family, is out there and perfectly suited to your needs. Please share with us your thoughts on this list, as well as any of your favorite and best diaper bags that we have neglected to include. Good luck with finding the best diaper bags!