Keeping a baby entertained and engaged while also safe can be a challenge, and since we believe that new parents have enough to deal with as it is, we have hunted down the 10 best portable baby swing options for you to have a look at. We analyzed their features and ordered them from the lowest- to the highest-rated by Amazon ratings and reviews from verified customers.
10. Graco Slim Spaces Compact Baby Swing
This swing makes the number 10 spot on our best portable baby swing list because it combines utility, portability, and function all on budget. Its compact design allows for easy storage and it’s height adjustable legs are very convenient when it comes to accessibility.
- Compact and easy to store,
- Lightweight and not too bulky,
- Many adjustable speeds,
- Gender neutral colors that match almost any nursery scheme,
- Battery operated.
- Not as durable as some swings,
- Made of lower-quality materials.
Bottom line: it’s the best portable baby swing for parents operating on a tight budget.
9. Fisher-Price Deluxe Take Along Swing and Seat
This swing has many impressive features and may be one of the most portable swings available today. It has 6-speeds and easily converts into a stationary calming vibration mode with non-skid feet for situations that swinging motion isn’t desired.
- Very portable,
- Ten soothing songs and sounds,
- Converts to a stationary vibrating seat,
- Battery operated.
- No A/C adaptor,
- Not as many sound options as some other swings.
Bottom line: It’s ideal for parents who want an interactive and engaging baby swing.
8. Ingenuity Swing ‘n Go Portable Baby Swings, Hugs & Hoots Edition
This swing makes number eight on our best portable baby swing list because it’s not only adorable, it’s convenient and budget friendly. It folds almost flat with the use of only one hand and powered by Hybrid travel-batteries for 3 times the swinging power. It has five speeds, three soothing nature sounds, and five melodies.
- Extra long-lasting batteries,
- Virtually silent,
- Adorable color scheme with owls,
- Portable and durable,
- Folds nearly flat with the use of only one hand.
- Does not come in as many colors as some swings,
- May need to purchase A/C plug separately.
Recommended for: Those looking for a silent swing with minimal motor noises.
7. Graco Glider LX Gliding Swing
If you are interested in a swing designed to last and last, check out the Graco Glider LX. Graco is well known among experienced parents and has been making quality products for years. This swing is no exception to their high-quality standards. It soothes infants with a silent and secure gliding motion, is ultra portable, and rechargeable for up to two hours of battery and plug-free use.
- Silent gliding motion,
- Classy design with multiple available color options,
- Portable and space saving design.
- Heavier than some other options.
Bottom line: Although a bit heavy, it’s great for small spaces.
6. Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘N Swing with Smart Swing Technology
This swing has two different types of motion to help soothe your baby: it rocks in both side-to-side, and head-to-toe motions. It has six speeds, and sixteen different songs and sounds! It may take up some floor space, but it is lightweight and has all of the power options that parents want.
- Multiple swinging motions,
- Easy to use and set up,
- Machine washable cover,
- Battery and A/C adaptable,
- Cute gender neutral colors,
- Tons of songs and sounds.
- Takes up a lot of floor space,
- Heavier than some swing models.
Recommended for: Parents who want a lightweight swing with lots of features.
5. Comfort & Harmony Cozy Kingdom Portable Swing
This swing makes number five on our list of the best portable baby swings because it fits perfectly in the mid-range of swings. If you are stuck on which direction to go, this swing has everything you are going to need at a very fair price. It also has a neutral and unassuming-but-still-cute color scheme.
- Light and portable,
- Six sounds/songs to soothe your baby,
- Neutral but cute colors,
- Not the best design, seems low-quality,
- No A/C adaptor meaning you will have to buy lots of batteries,
- Auto shut off feature may be annoying.
Bottom line: Great for parents who want a portable baby swing to use occasionally.
4. Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
Again, we are adding a Graco swing to this list. This portable swing is of quality design and has a lot of awesome features. It doubles as a rocker, which is absolutely fantastic, and also has an easy-carry handle to help you move it around. It can use batteries or be plugged in, comes in many color options, and even has a vibration mode.
- Ultra portable,
- Adorable color options,
- Plugs in or uses batteries,
- Vibrates and swings,
- Converts to rocker mode.
• More expensive,
• Some users report that it’s heavy.
Recommended for: Anyone who wants a high-quality swing with lots of options.
3. Fisher-Price Revolve Swing
As we counted down on our list of best portable baby swings, we had trouble deciding which swing should have the top spot. The following three swings just about tied for the top, starting with this Fisher-Price Revolve Swing. This swing is ultra-portable, made of high-quality materials and has an impressive revolving feature to give your baby an ever-changing view! It has six swinging motions and plays sixteen songs and sounds!
- Revolves for your baby in a satellite motion,
- It has sixteen songs & sounds and six rocking motions,
- Quality design and premium materials,
- Comes in super-cute color options,
- Battery or A/C outlet operated.
- Bulkier than some swings on this list.
Bottom line: It’s the best portable baby swing for parents who want an entertaining product and have enough storage space.
2. Fisher-Price 3-in-1 Swing ‘N’ Rocker
Number two in our best portable baby swing lineup is the Fisher-Price 3-in-1 Swing ‘N’ Rocker due to its almost entirely positive ratings. Parents seem to really like this one and it’s one of the best-rated swings available! It is portable, durable, and offers great support to babies of all sizes.
- Dependable and durable;
- Has some of the highest ratings on the internet.
- Not much information available apart from product reviews;
- Made of lower quality materials;
- Not many sound options.
Recommended for: Parents needing a light-weight and inexpensive option.
1. Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing
Finally, we’ve reached the number one best portable baby swing list for 2018. This swing has fantastic consumer reviews and all of the options you could ever want in a portable baby swing. It’s not hard to carry or move around, has six swing motions, sixteen sounds, moves side-to-side of head-to-toe, is durable, comes in all of the colors and styles you can think of, and has a gorgeous Papasan style cover on it to provide your baby a cozy, quiet and comfortable environment.
- Adorable Papasan style,
- Plugs in or uses batteries,
- Very quiet swinging motion,
- Durable and dependable,
- Comes with all of the modes and options you could ever want,
- Great consumer reviews.
- Not the cheapest option,
- Takes up a lot of floor space.
Bottom line: It’s the best portable baby swing on this list because it has lots of features comprised in a stylish, well-made, and well-thought-out product.
All in all, the best portable baby swings come from Fisher-Price; however, products designed and made by Comfort & Harmony, Graco, or Ingenuity can also be good choices depending on your needs and expectations. Did you find a favorite on this list, or do you know other products that deserve a spot? Tell us in the comments!