When you are breastfeeding your baby, it’s important to have the best nursing bra possible. Somewhere between being painfully engorged and trying to stay awake for those 3 am feedings, you need a bra that offers good support, comfort, and ease of use. Whether you’re looking for a good sleep bra, something comfortable for your significantly expanded cup size, or something to wear when you can finally get back to the gym, here’s our list of the 10 best nursing bras you can buy in 2018.
10. 3PACK Women’s Seamless Nursing Bra with Full Cup by Gabrebi
Note: This set of nursing bras from Gabrebi is unavailable at the moment. Take a look at other options below or check out this set of three soft nursing bras from Wetong.
This 3 pack of sturdy nursing bras with included band extenders and converter clips are made of breathable materials (90% nylon and 10% spandex) and is free of underwires for extra comfort. It can work for women with busts between 32B and 42DD and both the sizes and the colors are completely customizable.
- Supportive and comfortable, no matter your cup size
- Long-lasting, as they also come with replacement clips and accessories
- Thin straps might cause some discomfort
- The padded cups might be visible under clothing, depending on what you’re wearing
Bottom Line: A comfortable and cost-effective bra; maybe the best nursing bra for everyday use.
9. Bravado! Designs Women’s Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
For those mamas who were busty pre-pregnancy, finding a comfortable nursing bra once the baby is here can be a nightmare. This seamless nursing bra is, hands down, one of the best nursing bras for large breasts. With wide bands and a supportive inner sling, this bra was specifically designed for nursing moms with large cup and band sizes and is the best nursing bra for ever-expanding busts.
- Four-way stretch fabric and large back and side panels provide good and support
- The material is comfortable to wear
- The pads stay in place
- Shallow breasted women might not get the support that is needed under the breasts to keep them from sagging
- Difficult to unclip with one hand only
Bottom Line: Strong, wide ends make this the best nursing bra for large breasts.
8. Seamless Sublime Nursing Bra for Breastfeeding and Maternity
We all know that through pregnancy and breastfeeding your cup size can change dramatically. This wireless nursing bra stretches to accommodate your changing bust size while still providing support when your cup size goes back down. This is ideal for moms with a small band size but large cup size.
- Long-lasting nursing and maternity bra
- Stretchy and soft material
- Does not offer proper support for women with smaller breasts
Bottom Line: An amazing bra that works with your body through all the changed that come post-partum.
7. HOFISH Seamless Nursing Bras (3-Pack)
This is by far the best nursing bra 3-pack on this list. It’s made of 92% nylon and 8% spandex (completely breathable) and is also completely seamless. The material is also very soft and comfortable to wear and can expand to fit the changing shape of breasts during pregnancy and nursing.
- Stretchy and comes with extensions to fit women of all band and breast sizes
- Has a high-quality feel to it and is also long-lasting
- The company offers quick & reliable customer care
- The straps can sometimes slide off
6. MAXCOZZI 3PACK/2PACK Women’s Seamless Sleep Nursing Bra
Note: This set of nursing bras from MAXCOZZI is unavailable at the moment. Take a look at other options below or above, or check out this set of three nursing bras from iLoveSIA.
A classic workhorse nursing bra for getting everything done while still being available to nurse the baby. One of the best nursing bras for a busy mom with several kids and errands to run, this bra also works well for first-time moms trying to squeeze in time to do the dishes. The fact that it comes in a pack of three is just an added bonus.
- Good quality, full coverage
- Comes in attractive pastel colors
- Functional, but not very supportive
Bottom Line: This bra is for anyone looking for a decent bra to do some lightweight lifting
5. The Marvella Maternity & Nursing Women’s Plunge Bra
It is no secret that your bust size changes dramatically during pregnancy and while nursing, and finding the best nursing bra to support those changes can be tricky. This plunge style nursing and maternity bra allows you to stay comfortable through your final months of pregnancy and well into post-partum nursing with a soft elastic design and a clasp-free back. An extra wide chest band and lightly lined molded cups work together with a racer style back to make this bra extra comfortable and supportive.
- The material is super soft and comfortable
- The bra is seamless, sturdy, and high-quality
- No clasp in the back might increase comfort, but it also makes the bra harder to adjust
- The plunging neckline can leave some bustier women more exposed
Bottom Line: If you are small-average in bust size, this is the best nursing bra for you.
Recommended read: Since you’re here, you might also want to know what’s the best way to protect your nipples during breastfeeding. Check out our best nipple creams of 2017 article to find out!
4. Rosie Pope Seamless Nursing Sports Bra
This is easily the best nursing sports bra you can find. When nursing, discomfort is an all too common occurrence and breastfeeding moms everywhere are in need of a sports bra that will support, but not crush. Ladies, look no more! Moisture-wicking fabric with a racer-back and highly adjustable straps only add to the fact that this sports bra gives you support without making you feel like your breasts are in a vice.
- Comfortable – you will barely remember it’s on
- Very easy to put on, take off, and nurse with it
- The fact that it doesn’t crush your breasts like a traditional sports bra also means it might not stop all the “jiggle” of high-impact activities
- Runs a little small in cup sizes, but spot-on in torso size
Bottom Line: This is the best nursing sports bra for moms who are ready to get that pre-baby body back.
3. Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra – 2 Pack
This bra offers easy, one-handed use with exceptionally soft fabric made of 88% polyester and 12% spandex. It has molded cups and is underwire-free to prevent blocked ducts and discomfort, while still providing you with support under and around your bust.
- Good coverage and comfort
- Very easy to use
- The molded cups can look odd under clothing depending on what you’re wearing
Bottom Line: Good bra for moms who want support with no underwire.
2. Motherhood Seamless Clip Down Nursing Bra
With the unmatched quality and experience of the “Motherhood Maternity” brand, it’s no wonder that they make the best nursing bra on this list. Exceptionally well designed with support that won’t overdo it, this bra is the perfect wardrobe addition for any nursing mother.
- Supportive, functional and surprisingly affordable given the “Motherhood Maternity” brand quality
- Comes in a great variety of colors
- The pads can lose their shape after washing them
Bottom Line: Considering its quality and manufacturer, this is a good option for the best nursing bra you can add to your underwear drawer. However, it only got the second place on our list because the next one is even better:
1. Mamaway Far Infrared Crossover Sleeping Nursing Bra for Increasing Milk Supply
The best nursing sleep bra you can buy uses far-infrared nanofibers to improve blood blow in the breasts. Its super soft and flexible design makes it perfect for moms who have issues with low milk production or particularly sensitive breasts due to mastitis or blocked ducts.
- Very soft and comfortable fabric and design
- Works as a sleeping and as a daytime nursing bra
- Doesn’t work as well for moms with large busts
Bottom Line: A good bra for mothers who are having issues breastfeeding, and comfort when sleeping for nursing mothers in general.
Recommended read: Since you’re here, you may also want to take a look at the best nursing covers you can purchase today.
Breastfeeding can be initially frustrating and sometimes painful, but having the best nursing bra for your needs can make the experience much easier on you and your baby. Having the support of a good bra can help any new mom ease into breastfeeding, whether it’s their first baby or their fifth baby. Hopefully, this list will help you find your perfect nursing bra.