It is no secret that babies have extremely sensitive skin. As a result, their skin is prone to drying and cracking if it is not properly moisturized, which can lead to eczema. The best baby lotion should fix that without leaving the skin greasy or irritating it. This article goes through the ten best baby lotions on the market in 2018 according to ratings and reviews from verified customers.
10. Lavender Meadowsweet Baby Lotion by Babo Botanicals
This is one of the best organic baby lotions for bedtime use. This soft lavender scent mixed with a soothing calendula is sure to help your little one get some sleep at bedtime. This lotion works well to calm and relax your baby, which is just what they need for a full nights rest. It’s made with a blend of rich vitamins and anti-oxidants from pure flower and plant extracts that work to soothe and soften your baby’s delicate skin.
- Sulfate-, formaldehyde-, paraben-, phthalate-, gluten-free, and vegan;
- Biodegradable formula;
- Highly moisturizing formula that works great for extremely dry skin prone to eczema.
- The packaging might need some improvement as it’s not the most travel-friendly;
- Some customers complained it has an overpowering scent.
Recommended to: Parents who want a natural and scented formula for themselves or their babies.
9. Hydra Baby Lotion by Mustela
Mustela Hydra is the best baby lotion for winter because it locks in moisture to protect your baby’s skin from dry air exposure. This product is formulated with numerous plant-based ingredients, like Sunflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Perseose, and Shea Butter, that moisturize your little one’s skin while strengthening it and locking in moisture all day. This product is non-greasy and works to leave your baby’s skin silky-smooth throughout the entire day. The soft scent of the company’s iconic fragrance lasts all day and keeps your baby smelling fresh.
- Non-greasy formula that quickly penetrates skin and locks in moisture;
- Has a fresh, long-lasting fragrance that’s not overpowering;
- Works for normal skin, but it might not be strong enough for extremely dry skin and can sometimes cause breakouts on sensitive skin;
- Contains parabens, which might be carcinogens.
Recommended to: Parents and babies with normal skin.
8. Organic Baby Lotion by Puracy
Puracy offers the best lotion for baby dry skin that works to keep skin moisturized while calming your little one. The rich scent of lavender and grapefruit work to soothe your little one’s skin without leaving a greasy residue. This lightweight formula is enriched with vitamins E and B5 and Shea Butter. This all-day moisturizer is long lasting and suitable for every skin type.
- Natural, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and vegan formula made with organic ingredients;
- Softens the skin without leaving greasy residue;
- Customers say it has perfect consistency and is easy to apply.
- Some customers mention the honey and oatmeal lotion has a strong smell that can be bothersome once applied on the skin;
- Some others say it only works for normal skin, not extremely dry skin.
Recommended to: Babies with normal skin.
7. Body Lotion by Totlogic
TotLogic provides the best lotion for babies that is naturally scented and free of DEA, PEG, Formaldehyde, Paraben, and Phthalate. This vegan product has a naturally light scented aroma that is refreshing. This best baby lotion softens skin and is made in the USA. This product works as the best lotion for baby dry skin because it hydrates and protects baby’s delicate skin. This product is rich in botanicalss and antioxidants that calm and soothe your little one.
- HIghly moisturizing formula that leaves the skin silky soft and does not include any residue;
- Has a discreet, natural smell;
- Does not contain formaldehyde, parabens, or phthalates.
- Some customers complained about the quality of the packaging that is a bit difficult to use;
- The bottle is only 8 ounces.
Recommended to: Parents looking for a high-quality lotion with a discreet scent.
6. Organic Baby Lotion by BareBaby Organics
BareBaby provides the best baby lotion formulated for dry, sensitive, or normal skin. This lotion contains no added fragrance and works well for baby’s with eczema. This organic baby lotion contains coconut oil, shea butter, Aloe Vera, and chamomile. This naturally-formulated product is gentle on sensitive skin due to containing no synthetic fragrances, dyes, sulfates, phthalates, or parabens. This product works well to reduce skin irritation caused by itchiness, psoriasis, and eczema. This company is so confident with their product working as expected that they offer a full money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with how this lotion works, you can let them know for a full refund. This product is rich in vitamins A, E, and F, as well as numerous antioxidants, that work to condition and moisturize your baby’s delicate skin.
- Is free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, dyes, artificial fragrances, and gluten;
- Has a lightweight moisturizing formula that works great for extremely dry skin;
- Only contains preservatives that are also found in natural essential oils.
- Some customers complained about its thin, runny texture;
- Not moisturizing enough for extremely dry skin.
Recommended to: Parents or babies with normal or dry skin and eczema.
5. Vanilla Oatmeal Soothing Lotion by Johnson’s Baby
Johnson’s best baby lotion is vanilla oatmeal soothing lotion that provides comfort and moisture to your baby’s skin. This product is clinically proven to moisturize baby’s skin with its mild and gentle formulation. This product helps lock in moisture for up to 24-hours. Johnson’s baby lotion is non-greasy and hypoallergenic, making it gentle enough for daily use.
- Highly moisturizing formula that works great for extremely dry skin, leaving it silky soft;
- Has that pleasant, discreet baby smell;
- Many customers mention il also works great as a mosquito repellent!
- Has a runny, watery consistency;
- Some customers mention the smell wears off too quickly.
Recommended to: Parents looking for a baby lotion to use during summer months as it also seems to repel mosquitos.
Note: Since you’re here, you might also consider our article on the best baby shampoos a useful read!
4. Moisturizing Cream by Baby Eczema by Aveeno
This is the best lotion for baby eczema. Aveeno offers this product specially formulated for baby’s with eczema. This product is recommended by dermatologists nd is guaranteed to help sooth skin discomfort. This lotion is gentle to use, containing soothing colloidal oatmean cream that works especially well for baby’s with eczema to relieve itching. This product works well to relieve dry, itchy, and irritated skin. This lotion is steroid and fragrance free, enriched with ceramide, which works to restore skin’s natural protective functions.
- Very gentle on the ski and fragrance-free;
- Highly moisturizing formula that is able to effectively lock in moisture;
- Great for using it on the body and face.
- Seems to sometimes irritate skin;
- The formula seems to contain some carcinogenic compounds.
Recommended to: Babies with extreme cases of eczema.
3. Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer by Cetaphil
This is the absolute best lotion for baby eczema. The number one best baby lotion is the Calming Moisturizer by Cetaphil. This product works well to tackle itchiness and irritation from eczema. This 10-ounce bottle of lotion is free of nut oils, fragrances, and parabens, making it extremely safe for your little one’s sensitive skin. This location is easily absorbed, making it ideal for restoring moisture and repairing the skin. This product is clinically tested and proven effective for moisturizing and miniaturizing dry and itchy skin. This product received the seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association, making it a reliable and effective option for babies 3-months of age and older.
- Works great against mild and extreme cases of eczema and keeps the skin soft and moisturized for hours afterward;
- Fast-absorbing formula;
- Can be used in all areas of the body, including cracked heels or bug bites.
- Has a watery consistency that can make it difficult to apply;
- Not safe for babies under 3 months of age.
Recommended to: Babies and adults with dry and extremely dry skin.
2. Sensitive Moisture Lotion for Baby by Dove
Baby Dove offers the best lotion for babies with sensitive skin. This 13-ounce lotion is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. It has a pH-neutral formula that works exceptionally well for sensitive skin. This product is dermatologist and pediatrician tested and is proven to moisturize baby skin for up to 24-hours. This is the best lotion for baby dry skin right from the beginning.
- A little goes a very long way with this lotion, meaning a bottle will last for months;
- Gentle, fragrance-free formula tested by pediatricians and with neutral pH.
- Has a few ingredients that are rated as moderate health hazards;
- Can sometimes irritate sensitive skin.
Recommended to: Adults and babies with dry and extremely dry skin.
1. Bedtime Hypoallergenic Lotion by Johnson’s
This hypoallergenic lotion by Johnson’s is the best baby lotion for bedtime. This lotion comes in a large 27-ounce bottle that helps soothe and soften baby’s skin. This product is specially formulated for babies with a natural-calm essence that releases relaxing lavender aromas that help your little one sleep better at night. This product contains no soap or dyes, no parabens, and no phthalates. Johnson’s is one of America’s most trusted brand for baby products and this lotion is sure to impress.
- Works great for highly sensitive skin and does not cause burning of the eyes when applied on the face;
- Has a pleasant and discreet smell;
- Lavender is also known to help with sleep and this product seems to also adhere to this rule.
- Some parents have had issues with the packaging during delivery;
Recommended to: Adults and babies with dry skin who want a sooting and relaxing lotion to use before bedtime.
Whether your baby has sensitive skin or eczema that needs to be cleared up, the hypoallergenic lotion by Johnson’s, the sensitive skin one by Dove, or the Cetaphil eczema lotion are sure to moisturize and get rid of the condition. However, if your baby doesn’t have very dry skin or if using a gentle body wash, any of these will work great according to online reviews. Do you have other suggestions that would go great in this best baby lotion list?