Baby carriers offer two main advantages – they allow you to keep your baby close and are a hands-free way of carrying your little one. They come in a variety of designs depending on the carrying technique. Front carriers are great for getting things done while back carriers come handy when going to the market, park, or even hiking. That said, here are reviews of the top 10 baby carriers available on the market. You will find the best baby carrier for you and your baby on this list:
10. Stokke MyCarrier
This baby carrier by Stokke comes in three parts i.e a shoulder piece and two carrier attachments. It offers three carrying positions and can accommodate kids of up three years old. The harness supports your baby well and the adjustable straps ensure a comfortable fit.
- Adjustable width for maximum support of your baby
- Well designed back support, waist belt as well as shoulder straps
- Weight capacity of up to 33 pounds
- Quality is not very good
- It’s a little bulky
Bottom line: It is a great option for the parent on a budget. It is also the best baby carrier for hot weather.
9. Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier
This best baby carrier does a great job of distributing your kid’s weight to the hips. Its anatomical design allows it to adapt to the changing needs of the child as he grows older. It is made from a blend of 40% polyester and 60% cotton. Its 100% cotton lining is completely free of hazardous substances.
- Approved as a hip healthy carrier by Hip Dysplasia Institute
- Made from blended polyester and cotton material
- Free from hazardous substances
- Can be used as front or back carrier
• Back chest strap fitting makes it difficult for one to unfasten the waist strap.
Bottom line: The Baby Bjorn is the best baby carrier for parents who want to protect their spine and hips.
8. Baby K’Tan
If you are in the market for a baby carrier that features a wrap-style design, the Baby K’Tan is the best baby carrier for you. It is user-friendly is made up of two attached loops that cross over the shoulders. It also comes with support sash that doubles as a storage pouch. Your baby has the freedom to look in any direction without the restrictions that come with other carriers.
- Made of 100% stretchy cotton
- Wide adjustable straps provide extra head support
- Offers six baby positions
- Available in five sizes
- Lacks lower back support
- Can’t be used for hours at a time as it gets uncomfortable
Bottom line: A good wrap-style baby carrier that can be used for short trips.
7. Osprey’s Poco AG Premium
If you are in the market for the best baby carrier for hiking, Osprey’s Poco AG Premium will prove worth your money. It is made from 2010 nylon double diamond ripstop material, which is standard when it comes to hiking gear. The innovative Anti-Gravity suspension is a welcome feature that ensures a fun and comfortable adventure. This model is available with a sunshade to protect against the heat and rain, large storage pocket, cell phone pocket on the hip belt and more. The hydration sleeve comes handy as it enables you to stay hydrated.
- Tons of storage space with ten pockets
- Made of durable 2010 Nylon Double Diamond Ripstop material
- Anti-Gravity Suspension system for unrivaled support
- Comes with a sunshade
- The design might not be suited for all occasions.
Bottom line: This is by far the best baby carrier if you’re looking for comfort, functionality, quality, and durability.
6. Evenflo Infant Carrier
This baby carrier offers two carrying positions, and the baby can either face in or out. The carrier comes with several comfort features including added padding on the headrest, shoulder straps for the baby to lean its head. It has a removable bib to protect the carrier as well as your clothes.
- Carrying capacity of up to 25 pounds
- Offers two sitting positions
- Designed with Secure Lock buckles
- Can prove uncomfortable for the parent if used for long at a time
Bottom line: This is a great baby carrier for parents who are always on the go and like to keep their infants close.
5. Ergobaby 360 4-Position Baby Carrier
With an average rating of 4.4/5 from more than 800 consumers, it’s easy to understand why the ErgoBaby 360 4-Position Baby Carrier is the best baby carrier for many moms. It offers four sitting positions for the baby and comes with an adjustable waist strap that allows for maximum comfort.
- Weight capacity of up to 33 pounds
- Adjustable straps for a comfortable fit
- Padded shoulder strap
- Four sitting positions
- Not a lot of pockets for storing extra diaper or other essentials
- Not the best for short people as the waist strap may not fit around the torso
Bottom line: It’s a great baby carrier that’s free of hazardous substances and which is extremely comfortable.
4. 4-in-1 Infantino Flip Advanced Convertible Carrier
With a carrying capacity of up to 33 pounds, this best newborn baby carrier comes with a convertible seat. The padded head support and narrow seat provide unequaled support to infants and toddlers. As the child grows, you can switch to the wide seat position to accommodate his larger size. This carrier is provided with a Wonder Cover bib that helps protect your clothes.
- Supportive waist belt that transfers weight to the hips
- Adjustable head support
- Ergonomic seat
- Extra padded shoulder straps
- A little bulky
Bottom line: The best baby carrier for parents who want comfort for their baby AND for themselves when using it for hours on end.
3. Lille Baby Complete All-Season Baby Carrier
While it’s not rated the #1 best baby carrier, the Lille Complete All-Season Carrier comes with a whole lot of useful features. Such include back mesh panel for ventilation, padded head support for the comfort of the baby when sleeping, zippered air vent, adjustable straps, extra lumbar padding, and more.
- Weight capacity of 7-43 pounds
- Six seating positions
- Comes with a detachable sleeping pad
- Air vent for breathability
- Area around the legs doesn’t have enough padding
- Bulkier than most of its competitors
Bottom line: This is a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing carrier that both wearer and baby will enjoy.
2. Boba 4G Carrier
This is a well-constructed baby carrier that offers two wearing positions i.e. back and front. It comes with an infant insert that transforms into M-shape for babies weighing 11-15 pounds. Its maximum weight capacity is 45 pounds. Notable features include a head support, padded waistband, dual adjustable straps, built-in straps on the shoulder for holding the diaper bag or purse, storage pocket, as well as sleeping hood.
- Easy to use and clean
- Dual adjustable straps
- Padding in the waistband for comfort
- The head support feels a little flimsy than other models
- Only two carrying positions
Bottom line: This is a versatile best baby carrier that allows you to carry your infant without putting a strain on your back.
1. TULA Ergonomic Baby Carrier
This is a soft structured baby carrier that offers an ergonomic M-position, where your baby’s knees are higher than the bum. It is available in two sizes i.e. baby and toddler with a maximum weight capacity of 45 pounds, which increases to 50 pounds if you use an insert. The hood helps protect against the scorching sun or cold while the Duraflex buckles are made to last. Adjustable shoulder straps provide an additional 3” length for a comfortable fit.
- Duraflex buckles
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Great weight distribution
- Ergonomic carrying position
- Some moms find the hood a little too small for their toddlers
Bottom line: It is long-lasting, comfortable, and a great choice for someone who needs to carry their baby for 3+ hours at a time thanks to the comfortable ergonomic support.
While we may have reviewed the top rated carriers, this list is by no means exhaustive. Is there a model you consider best baby backpack carrier that we haven’t reviewed? Let us know about it in the comment section!